I know that I am not alone in the thought that it is not fair for mom's to get sick...and this definitely includes pregnant moms that do daycare!! We have been passing around a nasty viral cold here. Jack had it for a few days...and them Charlie (who also has an ear infection) and now it is my turn! After 2 days where I was pretty much useless, I am finally starting to feel better, although I have NO energy! Aside from sickness, not too much is going on.
We do have an appointment for Jack to go and see and Ear/Nose/Throat doctor. It is funny how a mom (well, maybe just me) can let a lot of little symptoms slide by and never put 2 and 2 together! After talking to a friend and after not thinking of any concerns at his 3 year check-up, I discovered that it is very likely that Jack has sleep apnea. He snores constantly, barfs whenever he has a cough, gags all the time and fills his mouth with a ton of food before he has to swallow...so, after Travis talked to the doc, we are thinking he is going to need his tonsils out! What fun! We go in on Feb 15th. I would rather go through the awful recovery than not though. Apparently sleep apnea is not good for the heart! Scary! Glad we are going to get him in...hopefully before the baby gets here!
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Sickos!
Posted by Misty at 11:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
The best thing we ever did for Shell was to get her tonsils out. It was also good for Josh because she quit getting strep and passing it on to him. However, she still snores!! She shared my bed this weekend while Alex was gone and I got no sleep because she was so loud!! But it did help with her health. Good luck! The only issues we had with the surgery is that Shell can't have narcotic pain killers so she had to have children's Motrin only and Alex didn't keep to a regular schedule so she ended up being in pain until we could get it back under control.
I've heard that the younger they are, the easier/quicker the recovery! Avery had her adenoids and tubes put in when she was younger and was up and at em that afternoon like nothing happened. Good luck on the surgery!
Post a Comment