CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 13, 2009

Daily baths not required

I did PLENTY of reading before our little Jack came along and in more than one book, it mentioned that infants and toddlers don't need a bath daily. Three to four times a week is perfect. I mean, soap dries out the skin, as does the warm water...and with winter being so dry anyway, I felt that the 3-4 times a week policy was just fine! Well, these books failed to realize that I would be having Jack, the human mess maker! Here is a picture of lunch today!

Of course, this is what he did right when he told me that he was all done and I went to get the rag!! I was seconds away from cleaning the little booger! I have to admit that he is so darn cute though!!

This is my attempt to clean him enough to call it good...well, that wonderful red dye #2! (I think that is the number.) He went from a spaghetti face to an oompa loompa! So, a bath was necessary...bath #2 for the day! I'm not even going to mention breakfast!!

The best part...Jack pooped in the tub for the first time! What a joyous afternoon!! The crazy thing is that I wouldn't trade the kid for the world!! I do, however, hope that this next little guy will be a little cleaner! ;)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I feel so bad now. I almost called you today to see if you wanted me to get you some of those IKEA bibs. I was passing by there and thinking about you. Shoot!

Nicole Norris said...

Oh I hate cleaning up the poop in the tub mess. I might not want to trade the kid but I sure didn't like cleaning that mess up!

Lisa and Trent said...

Jack is such a stud! :) I'm so thankful for you. I'm so glad that I have someone I really trust with Judd. Thanks for finding me. Now we can stay in touch this way too!!

Britney said...

Hey Misty, I just saw your fb post with your blog! Fun, I didn't know you had one. I'll have to go back and read the old posts when I get a second.
Great pictures of Jack. Holy cow, he's a mess! :) I don't know if I could handle so much mess, your a good Mom to "just let him go at it!" Bummer about poop in the tub, we've all been their though, right?
I have a blog as well, if you'd like an invite, email me. brit.barker@gmail.com