CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

CHORES!!

I've always believed that it is vital to teach children the importance of hard work and that everyone in the family needs to play a part in keeping the household clean and orderly. I was worried that these things might be hard for a child to pick up, but I was mistaken!!

Jack loves chores! I started making him pick up the food that he drops off of his high chair tray, and now I don't even have to ask! He starts right after I take him out of his high chair!! He is constantly pulling things out to put them back! I love it!

He also loves the vacuum and now takes his turn every time that I vacuum!




I'm sure that it is just a phase, but I am going to enjoy it while I can!!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope he keeps that up! You know, my mom started Rachel cleaning the toilet when she was 3. So start early for sure! =]

Fonzareli said...

Way to go Jack!! Dixon started pretty early with Chores too. The cool thing now, is that he wants BIGGER chores so we occasionally let him do a load of laundry. He just needs help folding it. YEAH for slaves...errr...I mean, good helpers:)

Christina Nish said...

Avery is also a great little helper. She is now to the point that if I tell her that it's time to pick up, she'll come over and help. Her favorite thing right now is laundry and she hates the vacuum (and the blender).

Nothing is wrong with a little chores!

jalisa85 said...

That is so cute; and he really seems to enjoy it and have a knack for vacuuming. You have a good little cleaner on your hands; and a cute one, at that.

laci said...

That is too cute! I can't believe he is that big already. How have you been feeling lately?? Better I hope...I started getting back to normal around 16 weeks so I wondered if it was around the same for you.

Wendy said...

Look at him go! Way to go training him young!

Nicole Norris said...

I think they call this child labor! j/k it is way cute.