CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Some stories- WARNING...contains poop!!

It's been a while since I have updated this blog and I am sorry for that! Life has been busy watching 2 little boys and this first trimester is really making me think that 2 kids is plenty!! But, there is hope...I am in week 11, so only 3 more weeks to go and it should magically disappear!! Right!?!

Well, I don't have any pictures. I seem to have misplaced the cord that transfers the pictures from my camera to the computer. I know that it is in the "scrapbook room"...but since we are planning on moving my stuff downstairs so that Baby Moesser #2 does not constantly wake up Baby Moesser #1, I have not been too diligent at putting things away! Anyway, there are two stories that I want to share....the first is not gross...but the second is...so those with weak stomachs may want to stay away from story #2.

Story #1- I have been a little worried with Jack's inability to figure out the purpose and function of the "straw" and be able to use it effectively. The doc said that we should start introducing him to it at 9 months. Although we have not been completely diligent, we have given him plenty of opportunities...to no avail!! I was beginning to wonder if he had some sort of straw disability and was trying to think of there was any way that not knowing how to drink from a straw might be detrimental to his survival. We grabbed dinner last night and in his meal there was an apple juice jucie box for the drink. I was going to dump it into another cup thinking that the straw was tiny and there was no way that he could do it, but I let him try...and he drank the whole thing!!! Boy, was he fooling us!!

Story #2- I'm hoping that I am not the only mom that has made this mistake!! Jack woke up the other morning at 4:30 AM and he had pooped in the middle of the night (which he NEVER does) and when we changed him, he had horrible bum rash! I was almost in tears! He woke up again at 6:30am and had gone again!! So, for 3 days, he suffered from these almost diarrhea diapers all day long...like every 2 hours, which did not help his rash!! We were using ointments and vaseline and everything. Well, things started to slow a little, so after to reading some books, it was advised to let his little bum free from a diaper for a while. He has just done his business, so I thought that it was safe. He seemed very happy and was running around happy! His new thing is to stand over the heater vent when the air is blowing...and this was especially funny to him with no diaper on! Well, I looked away for second and when I looked back...There he was peeing across the kitchen, with poop running down his legs right into the heater vent!!! I had to decide whether to puke of laugh...I went for laughing! Luckily, the heater vent cleaned up easily and we mopped twice with our new steam mop! But, no more heater vents when diapers are not involved!!!

3 comments:

Beth said...

That is so gross, but so funny. I was laughing out loud. I am so glad that I didn't have to clean it up though. Yuck. I DO NOT like poop messes.

Wendy said...

Oh Misty - that is so funny! What a great story!

Gina Sims said...

Misty,
Seriously on of the funniest stories ever, most because it happened to you & not me! Thanks for sharing!
Gina