CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Baby Jack Pics

[Posted by Travis]
Hey there everyone in Misty's blogosphere! (Look at me, I'm blogging -- weeee!)

So while Misty's out playing with the dog, I'm going to post some pictures of our baby boy, Jack. Of course, the first thing I had to do was to get rid of the awful pink-and-purple template for this page (Misty might correct me and tell me the colors are "cranberry" and "amethyst" or something like that). Doesn't this color scheme look much better?

Anyway, here we go....

As you can see, Jack weighed 3598 grams at birth and was not happy to have his picture taken at that particular moment. Just to throw some more numbers at you, he was also 49.5 cm from crown to foot at was born at time coordinate 20071025T1725-0600 and geodetic coordinates φ = +41.7569°, λ = -111.8223°.

And here is our very first family picture. Misty's bed was elevated about 4 feet off the ground and our nurse was short, so this was about as good as we could get.

Here's a close-up of his mug. He kinda had the newborn funny-looking-ness about him still, but he's still cute. It's pretty neat that he'll go from crying with quivering lips and all, to sleeping soundly in my arms in just a few minutes.

This is probably my favorite picture that I took at the hospital. I took it without flash, and the soft tones that result just say to me "motherly care, contentment, peace, and love" (not the hippy kind of "peace and love," mind you).

Here's Jack getting ready to go home from the hospital. The scary thing is that even though he looks so small, he'll outgrow this car seat before we know it!

Unfortunately, I don't have any good pictures with his eyes open. He (currently) has dark blue-gray-hazel-brown eyes. He gets the blue from his mother, and everything else from me. I have yet to figure out exactly what color my eyes are, as they're different every time I take a close look. My drivers license says "Brown", but then again it also says 180 lbs -- nope, not anymore! I'll be watching Jack's to see how his change as he grows up, along with his hair -- both Misty and I were toeheaded during our preschool years.

Well, I guess that's all I have to write. We have a few more pictures, but these were the most worth sharing. If you want a larger version, or to look at the rest of them, ask Misty. You could ask me if you wanted to, but they're on her computer anyway. So anyway, thanks for your congratulations and positive comments so far on the baby. Jack's a good baby, and we can tell he already loves his mommy and daddy, and we're very happy and blessed to have him with us.

3 comments:

Kellee Smith said...

Ok, first of all I have to agree with Travis on the blog colors. Very nice! Misty, this baby is so beautiful! and you look so amazing for just having a baby!!!!! Great work both of you. This blog is so much fun for me to watch. I am so glad that everything went well and that he is here safe and sound. Hunter said he is "so tute"!!! Good luck and keep us posted as he grows and changes!

Beth said...

Jack is a doll. We wish we were there to hold him. And Travis, you are hilarious. I enjoyed your blogging. Have fun being parents. And good luck getting sleep!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! I'm an Aunty!!! This is going to be so much fun for all of us!!! Jack will be the cutest, smartest, business oriented republican with the help of all Moesser politics that go on. Yep we will have a loved spoiled brat on our hands!!! It is a good thing that Misty is very experienced in this area....she will have to undo what Grandparents and Auntys do!!!!GOOD LUCKY!!