CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Long Overdue Post

Yeah...it's been a while!  What excuses s do I have for not blogging...hmm...let me think...


#1- 3 kids is more than 2. I now have more kids than I have arms...which puts me at a disadvantage.
#2- 3 kids under the age of 4 makes for some busy days. Lots of mouths to feed, bums to change (although Jack is officially potty trained...minus the nights...although he is starting to wake up dry. Yea!), and keeping all well and clean and happy takes some work!
#3- I am officially missing 14 keys off of the keyboard of my laptop thanks to Charlie, aka Destructo Boy!  Travis now has me hooked up to another monitor and keyboard...what would I do without that great guy?!?
#4- I am 95% positive the the cord that connects my camera to my computer hides from me!
#5- Pinterest.com...the wonderfully evil web idea organizing site that has me hooked "pinning" all the great ideas that the world wide web has to offer...seriously...check it out!  If you want an invite, let me know!
#6- I'm sure that I can think of more excuses...but I think I'll just get on with it!

And yes, it has been so long that I had to collage all the pictures...at least I am blogging...finally...right!?!

Exhibit A: Sophie's Blessing Dress Retakes

Sophie's Blessing Dress
We are blessed to have some amazing photographers in our ward!  Tasha Sturdevant at Color Splash Photgraphy (check her out), took pictures of the kiddos in June...(see last post) and wasn't happy with the blessing pictures and wanted to do some retakes.  I thought they were great, but I definitely wasn't going to argue against another photo shoot!  Here are the results!  Love them!








 Exhibit B: Jack, the photographer

Jack is at it again!  That kid can find the camera, no matter where I hide it and he has the amazing talent of finding it when he has time to shoot hundreds of pictures before I figure out that he has it!  Maybe a camera as a gift is in his future...then he may leave mine alone!













Exhibit C: ATK Tour
ATK (where Travis works) has a family tour day that we were able to attend.  Apparently this does not happen often and we were very excited to go!  If you don't know about ATK, one of the things that they do is make the solid rocket motors that are on the space shuttle (that congress cancelled...booo!).  We were able to drive into the testing area and check out the rocket and the control room.  It was really cool and the kids were pretty good, even with all the people!  The rocket was huge!!  We also were able to go back this last week and watch the motor being tested!  Very cool...and loud!

Exhibit D: A Bakers Dozen

Who has one of the coolest backyards in the neighborhood...that would be us!  Woot! Woot!  The boys has a great time when we had 13 kids playing in our backyard the other night!  We were watching some fun kiddos while their parents went to see a local play here. (We traded babysitting and were able to go and see the play last night!)  Some other neighbor kids came over to play!  It was a fun sight and everyone had a blast!  They played until the sun went down!  It was a great time!

Exhibit E: "Little Miss"

Our "Little Miss" is growing like a weed...and she is getting cuter every day!  She is now rolling all over the place, is in her "Jump-a-roo" on a regular basis and is giggling and cooing to her heart's content.  (She is also screaming like a banshee when she wants something!)  She is getting good control of her hands and can reach for and play with toys, which she loves!  We are working on sitting right now, and although she is not there yet, I think we are getting pretty close!  We sure do love our new addition!






Exhibit F: Pretty

Mommy made a HUGE mistake and left the fingernail polish on a lower shelf than she should have.  Charlie took advantage of this...and he painted his toenails...and his feet...and his legs...and the carpet...and more carpet...and my new treadmill.  He did get every toenail completely covered!    Needless to say, he is still alive...for now!

3 comments:

Gina Sims said...

Your kids are so stinkin' cute & you are wonderful!

Nicole Norris said...

Great to catch up. Your yard looks amazing. I would not have been so kind with the finger nail polish. Looks like you have had a fun summer!

Michelle said...

Sounds like you have your hands full :)
I love Sophie's pictures!