CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 7, 2011

On a mission...

Lately, I have been absolutely and positively crabby!  Why have I been crabby, you ask?  Well, it could be that my house is an absolute disaster and that I never get any sleep.  It could also be that my "fat day" has really been a "fat decade" and I feel like garbage.  Or maybe it is because I still have one more surgery for this gallbladder thing.  But then again, perhaps it is because every time that I turn around Charlie has destroyed another $20 vacuum filter or thrown half the bookshelf of books down the basement stairs...again.  Is it because as I am typing this, I am reminded that I am missing 7 of the keys from my laptop keyboard because some little fingers pulled them off.
Nope, that's not why.
Do you want to know why I am really crabby?  It is because I have a horrible attitude...the wrong attitude.  It is because my priorities are all messed up and I have forgotten what is truly important. It is because I am constantly stressing and worrying about the wrong things.  I have forgotten what a blessing these sweet (and sometimes sour) little kiddos are!  I have forgotten that my father in heaven has entrusted me with something more important and infinitely more valuable than a house or "me time".
So, I am on a mission...I am on a mission to pull my self together; to re-evaluate my priorities, to cowgirl up; to just plain get over it and start living the way I should be! I'm on a mission to be a better
wife, a better mom, and a better friend.  Here's to a change for good.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I am sorry you are having a rough go of it! I totally understand. Though, give yourself some credit. It is difficult having little sleep and not feeling well. It is also difficult to be the one taking care of everyone and never being taken care of. You are wonderful and you'll pull through. Hang in there. You are not alone.

Gina Sims said...

Misty,
You are wonderful! Good luck with your new change, I know that you will be amazing!

Wendy said...

You inspire me Misty! Here's to cow-girling up!

Nicole Norris said...

You go girl. Although I think I would have more then a bad attitude if my kids pulled the keys off my keyboard.