Devin Westenskow (May 13, 1982-March 4, 2011)
I love you and miss you, Little Brother!!
If you have not heard, or read, my little brother passed away yesterday after falling 187 feet into an abandoned mine shaft. The rescue crews did everything that could possibly be done to try and get him out, but with his injuries and the instability of the mine, they were unable to. They plan on sealing the mine by Monday. Like my mom said, "Devin has his own mountain now." :)
We will miss him greatly, but are comforted that he is in a better place. I am absolutely amazed at the number of wonderful people that have supported us through this!
Love you, Bro!




10 comments:
Misty, I am sorry to hear this. My sympathy to you and your family!
I'm so sorry. What a terrible thing to happen. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Love you.
Misty, our thoughts and prayers are with you. We love you and know that the gospel is true!!
Oh Misty I am so sorry to hear that! Sending you hugs and prayers!
Misty, What strength you have! I know that the Lord will continue to strength your family during this trial. I am so grateful for the gospel that can get us through. Continued love & prayers!
Gina
Wow Misty, LOVE the pics. It's been years since I've seen some of those
I just looked more closely at the pics. The little motorcycle reminds me of the time Devin was riding his motorcycle when we were camping. Everything was fine until he was ready to stop. He was headed straight for the area where we were all sitting, but he didn't know how to stop. So he just kept yelling, "I can't stop, get out of the way! I can't stop!" Funny kid!
Okay, it's me again. I thought Devin was born in 1982 or am I just crazy? It's pretty sad when I can't even keep track of when my nieces and nephews were born. Pretty soon I'll forget when I was born! Okay, I'm done now.
Denise, you are right. I fixed it...even when I am not exhausted and pregnant...it is never a good idea for me to type things up after 10PM! ;)
Again, I'm so sorry Misty.
Those pictures are great, your boys look alot like you! ;)
Post a Comment