CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Valentine's Day

I am proud of myself that I am actually posting this within the month that the holiday happened!  Go me!

We actually made heart cookies this year!  I am striving to be a better mom where holidays are concerned.  We have not done much "prep" for holidays so far, as most projects turn into disasters...and I tend to keep getting pregnant and tired!  We're about done with that though...thank goodness!  (Luckily, we made the cookies before V day...Sophie decided to nestle down on a nerve and I couldn't even walk on the 13th and 14th!  Silly girl!)

Jack and Charlie decorated their own cookies this year.  They each got a cookie, a plastic knife, a blob of frosting and some sprinkles on their plate.  Charlie dove right into the eating part.  I helped him to at least get some frosting and a few sprinkles on the cookie.  No worries though, he licked up the extra frosting and sprinkles too!  Jack, on the other hand, would not even think of eating the cookie until every sprinkle was atop it!  Perhaps dumping the sprinkles on to the plate was not the greatest idea...at least not the most time-efficient idea!  They enjoyed it though...and I did too!

We even made heart shaped pizza for dinner!  It was fun and actually very yummy!  I definitely felt the love this Valentine's day!  How could I not, with such an amazing family!

I am discovering a new love for Photoshop Elements!  Thanks to a wonderful lady in Travis' van pool that was willing to teach me!!  The only hard part is finding free downloads of boy stuff.  If you know of any places to find them, do share!

4 comments:

Gina Sims said...

That little heart pizza is making me crave one right now, it looks delcious! Looks like a good V-Day for the Moessers'!

Michelle said...

I need to learn how to use PhotoShop Elements! Andrew bought it for me, but I haven't had time to do anything with it.

sherrie said...

Thanks for the invite and the compliment!

Denise said...

It's like I've always told you, Jack is the brains and Charlie is the brawn. Jack has to have it precise and Charlie just wants to eat!