Yes, I am talking about my sweet 18 month old son! I can't believe that he is old enough to be in Nursery! He LOVES it, by the way...(we are going to have to work on NOT kissing the girls!)
It all started Wednesday when I was helping with the Primary activity. Natalie and I were in charge of helping the kids make job charts. Jack was there, along with Natalie's little boy, Harrison, who I believe is around 2. They were playing the piano when we got a group of 16 VERY crazy and mouthy boys. We finally got through our talking sch-peel and were starting the job charts, when I realized that I had not heard the piano for a minute. Then I noticed that someone had propped the door opened. I didn't freak out because 1) we were in the church, 2) there were tons of people there that knew the boys and 3) I knew that Jack couldn't push the outside door open.
After I went around the church twice, I started to get nervous and some of the ladies started helping me look...
We found them...Both boys had climbed out the primary room window and were clear across the parking lot throwing rocks!! Little boys in pairs are dangerous!! And by the way, he now CAN push the outside doors open...did I mention he only weighs 23 pounds and is in the 15th percentile for weight?
Later that night...I put Jack to bed and put the baby gate in his doorway because he is now tall enough that he can open doors. I heard him playing in the dark, but I figured that as long as he made it to bed shortly, I really didn't care if he played a bit. Self-regulation is a great thing for kids to learn, right? I finally heard him get in his bed and when the light snoring started I went in to tuck him in. And what do you think I saw? First, I saw the big tub of Eucerin Cream (Jack has my dry skin) open with the lid across the room...then I noticed the greasy spots all over the sheet on his bed and finally the nasty, greasy hair that was created when he rubbed the cream all over his hair!!! He thinks that any kind of lotion or soap is shampoo!!
So, what did this "good mother" do? There was NO WAY that I was waking him up, so I wiped his hair with a wipe and turned his pillow over!! Needless to say, it took about 3 baths to get it all out of his hair!
This kid definitely keeps me entertained!
Friday, May 8, 2009
ABSOLUTELY NAUGHTY!!
Posted by Misty at 4:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
LOL! I love hearing these kind of stories. They make me feel like maybe I don't have abnormally naughty boys . . . maybe it's just boys! Just wait til you have two of them that feed each other ideas and encourage each other to see those ideas through. Your gonna love it, but you'll never sit down again. ;)
Jack sounds like such a cute kid!
Oh Misty! Kade can be pretty mischevious too!!! I am really glad that I have a girl to balance him out! You are going to have your hands full! But on the bright side the new one won't be getting into too much trouble for a while-you have time to prepare!
Just keep reminding yourself that they grow up so quickly and one day you will wish for these moments back!
Ok I think that is the funniest story ever. Don't get me wrong, I would have totally been freaking out but to picture Jack climbing out the window to escape the church. I am impressed. Hey aren't you about due for a belly shot? Come on show that belly proudly!!
Post a Comment